This skills-focused course combines expert lecture, real-world demonstrations and group discussions with machine-based practical labs and exercises. Working in a hands-on learning environment led by our expert facilitator, students will explore:
- Why Data Visualization is Needed
- Connecting to the databases and make basic charts and graphs.
- How to make Advance Charts and Graphs.
- Scripting functionality and organizing data for effective results.
- More advanced visualizations for various analytical requirements
- Creating Time based calculations.
- Using location analytics capabilities to put geographic and other spatial context to your analysis.
- Blending and arranging data from multiple source systems for effective analysis.
- How to Integrate Tableau with R and Hadoop, Statistical Analytics, and social media analytics.
- Working in real time environment for Tableau Projects leveraging the course mini project.
- The requirement and creating various dashboards, story boards, deploying your dashboards for the project
1. Introduction to Data Visualization with Tableau
- Why Data Visualization is Needed
- Making sense out of Numbers
- Uses of Tableau
- Features of Tableau.
2. Basic Visualization Design
- Connect to the databases and make basic charts and graphs.
- Exporting Data
- Connecting Sheets
- Loading into Tableau visualization engine.
- Basic visualizations: Text Tables, Bar, Line, Pie charts,
- Basic maps; interpreting the same.
3. Visualizations Deep Dive
- Make Advance Charts and Graphs.
- Highlight Tables
- Heat Maps, Circle Plots, Side by Side Bars, Continues Lines, Scatter Plots, Dual Charts, Area Charts, Tree Maps.
4. Data Organization and Scripting
- Learn scripting functionality and organizing data for effective results.
- Calculated Metrics
- Sorting, Filtering
- Totals and Sub Totals
- Various Aggregated Measures, Percentages,
- Data Spotlighting, Summary Card.
- Date and time functions, String Functions and logical functions
- Data Items,
- Data behind your views
- Hierarchies, Sets, Groups, Bins.
5. The World is Your Visualization
- Learn about more advanced visualizations for various analytical requirements
- Dual Charts, Dual Axis, Combination charts, Gantt Charts for activity tracking,
- Motion Charts, Box and Whisker Plots
- Reference Lines, Reference Bands
- Pareto Analysis
- Waterfall Charts
- Market Basket Analysis.
6. Playing with Time Dimension
- Create Time based calculations.
- Quick Table Calculations, Custom Table Calculations, YTD
- Parallel Period, Moving Averages, Running totals, Window Averages, Trend Lines and Predictive Models.
7. What is Your Location?
- Location analytics capabilities to put geographic and other spatial context to your analysis.
- Filled Maps, Symbol Maps
- Geo Coding
- Online Maps
- Sorting in Maps
- Background Maps.
8. Incremental Loading and Blending
- Blend and arrange your data from multiple source systems for effective analysis.
- Data Blending from multiple source systems
- Custom SQL Queries
- Creating Incremental Loads
- Creating File Extractions
9. Integrating Tableau with R and Hadoop
- Integration of Tableau with R and Hadoop, Statistical Analytics, and social media analytics.
- Connect to Hadoop Systems from Tableau
- Integrating Tableau with R
- Connecting to R Server Parameterized R calls
- Mean, Median, Mode, Standard Deviation,
- Forecasting Models
10. Case Study – Optional
Sharing Insights with Enterprise Dashboards:
Work in real time environment for Tableau Projects. one mini project will be provided with business scenarios. Understand the requirement and creating various dashboards, story boards, deploying your dashboards for the project. Mini end-end project with Business case study. Interactive Dashboards, Action Filters, Story Boards, Best Practices, Cover Pages, Annotations, Tool Tips, keyboard short cuts, Legends, Sharing your work, Deploying to server, Tableau Online, Tableau Reader, and Tableau Public