As we move through the disciplines promoted by Scrum you will gain a comprehensive understanding of this agile product development methodology while specifically reviewing the behaviors expected of a Product Owner. While many of us may be accustomed to the practice of establishing value and priority across projects, the Product Owner needs to consider value and priority across the features of a single project.
After successfully completing this class, participants will be registered with the Scrum Alliance as Certified Scrum Product Owners (CSPO), and will have on-line access to the class training materials and any updates for one year. PMPs can also claim 16 PDU's with the PMI.
Part 1: Product Owner Core Competencies
- Fundamentals of the Product Owner Role
- Working with Stakeholders
- Product Ownership with Multiple Teams
Part 2: Describing Purpose and Strategy
Part 3: Understanding Customers and Users
Part 4: Validating Product Assumptions
Part 5: Working with the Product Backlog
- Differentiating Outcome and Output
- Defining Value
- Creating and Refining Items
Technical professionals associated with the specification, design, development and testing of products will benefit from this two-day program. Some of the professionals this will benefit include:
- Product Managers/Business Analysts
- Functional/Operational Managers/Directors
- Project Sponsors
- IT Leadership (Managers/Directors/VPs/CIOs/CTOs)
- Anyone interested in learning the benefits of Scrum for Product Management
This class is suitable for those who are responsible for setting product direction on a Scrum project. While current Certified ScrumMasters are welcome to attend, this class should not be considered as a next step after taking the CSM Class, but instead should be viewed as an alternative to the CSM Class.