EC-Council released the most advanced computer forensic investigation program in the world. This course covers major forensic investigation scenarios that enable you to acquire hands-on experience on various forensic investigation techniques and standard tools necessary to successfully carry-out a computer forensic investigation.
Battles between corporations, governments, and countries are no longer fought using physical force. Cyber war has begun and the consequences can be seen in everyday life. With the onset of sophisticated cyber attacks, the need for advanced cybersecurity and investigation training is critical. If you or your organization requires the knowledge or skills to identify, track, and prosecute cyber criminals, then this is the course for you. You will learn how to excel in digital evidence acquisition, handling, and forensically sound analysis. These skills will lead to successful prosecutions in various types of security incidents such as data breaches, corporate espionage, insider threats, and other intricate cases involving computer systems.
This course includes one exam voucher for the CHFI - Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator v9 exam.
- The computer forensic investigation process and the various legal issues involved
- Evidence searching, seizing and acquisition methodologies in a legal and forensically sound manner
- Types of digital evidence, rules of evidence, digital evidence examination process, and electronic crime and digital evidence consideration by crime category
- Roles of the first responder, first responder toolkit, securing and evaluating electronic crime scene, conducting preliminary interviews, documenting electronic crime scene, collecting and preserving electronic evidence, packaging and transporting electronic evidence, and reporting the crime scene
- Setting up a computer forensics lab and the tools involved in it
- Various file systems and how to boot a disk
- Gathering volatile and non-volatile information from Windows
- Data acquisition and duplication rules
- Validation methods and tools required
- Recovering deleted files and deleted partitions in Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux
- Forensic investigation using AccessData FTK and EnCase
- Steganography and its techniques
- Steganalysis and image file forensics
- Password cracking concepts, tools, and types of password attacks
- Investigating password protected files
- Types of log capturing, log management, time synchronization, and log capturing tools
- Investigating logs, network traffic, wireless attacks, and web attacks
- Tracking emails and investigate email crimes
- Mobile forensics and mobile forensics software and hardware tools
- Writing investigative reports