Microsoft Office Publisher 2016 is a desktop publishing software application capable of producing greeting cards, certificates, newsletters, and other printed publications. Publisher includes a large collection of templates that provide a great way to start a new publication. Publisher offers a large selection of "building blocks" that can be dragged into your documents, helping you to create page elements such as calendars, newsletter sidebars, and borders. Publisher integrates online sharing and mail merge features, which are handy when you need to send publications to a list of customers, and it's possible to export publications as HTML web pages or PDF documents. With a user-friendly interface, Publisher makes it easy to create and edit publications. In this Microsoft Publisher 2016 training class you will learn how to use this program.
09/10/20 - WVT - Virtual-Instructor Led - Virtual-Instructor Led
- Perform basic tasks in the Microsoft Publisher interface.
- Add content to a publication.
- Format text and paragraphs in a publication.
- Manage text in a publication.
- Work with graphics in a publication.
- Prepare a publication for printing and sharing.
Lesson 1: Getting Started with Microsoft Publisher 2016
- Topic A: Navigate the Interface
- Topic B: Customize the Publisher Interface
- Topic C: Create a Publication
Lesson 2: Adding Content to a Publication
- Topic A: Add Text to a Publication
- Topic B: Add Pages and Picture Placeholders to a Publication
- Topic C: Control the Display of Content in Text Boxes
- Topic D: Apply Building Blocks to a Publication
Lesson 3: Formatting Text and Paragraphs in a Publication
- Topic A: Format Text
- Topic B: Format Paragraphs
- Topic C: Apply Schemes
Lesson 4: Managing Text in a Publication
- Topic A: Edit Text in a Publication
- Topic B: Work with Tables
- Topic C: Insert Symbols and Special Characters
Lesson 5: Working with Graphics in a Publication
- Topic A: Insert Graphics in a Publication
- Topic B: Customize the Appearance of Pictures
Lesson 6: Preparing a Publication for Sharing and Printing
- Topic A: Check the Design of a Publication
- Topic B: Save a Publication in Different Formats
- Topic C: Print a Publication
- Topic D: Share a Publication
Appendix A: Automating Communication Using Mail Merge
Appendix B: New Features in Publisher 2016
Experience in the following is required for this Microsoft Publisher class:
Familiarity with using personal computers and a mouse and keyboard (basic typing skills are recommended).
Comfort in the Windows environment and ability to use Windows to manage information on computers.
Ability to launch and close programs; navigate to information stored on the computer; and manage files and folders.
This course is intended for person in a variety of job roles such as publishing specialists, layout specialists, graphic designers, or any other knowledge workers who need to use Microsoft Office Publisher 2016 to create, lay out, edit and share publications.