This four day, instructor-led course prepares students to modernize, manage, and observe their containerized applications using Kubernetes, in Google Cloud, AWS, Azure, and on-premises. Through presentations and hands-on labs, participants explore Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE), Connect Agent, Anthos Service Mesh and Anthos Config Management features. Participants learn how to work with containerized applications even when split between multiple clusters, hosted by multiple cloud providers or on-premises. This course is a continuation of Architecting with GKE and assumes direct experience with the technologies covered in that course.
What You'll LearnTOP
Explain each layer of the Anthos technology stack and the problems it is designed to address.
- Install and use Migrate for Anthos to migrate workloads
- Create, connect and manage Anthos clusters from multiple deployment environments.
- Load-balance clusters running in Google Cloud.
- Describe automating policy and security at scale with Config Management.
- Create multi-cluster networking architectures with Anthos Service Mesh.
- Deploy and run applications on an Anthos on-premises solution
- Monitor and troubleshoot applications running on an Anthos on-premises solution.
- Install workloads on Cloud Run and Cloud Run for Anthos.
- Configure and review logging, metrics, and monitoring for serverless computing solutions on Anthos.
Viewing outline for:
- Resource requirements
- Setting up the admin workstation
- Building the admin cluster
- Troubleshooting the admin bootstrap process
- Additional architectural options
- Building the user cluster
- Enabling authentication
- Deploying applications
- Configuring storage
- Modernization vision
- Workload discovery and migration assessment
- Migrating applications to containers
- CI/CD in Google Cloud
- CI/CD in a private network
- CI/CD on-premises and multi-cloud environments
- Securing the software supply chain
- Deploying 3rd party software
- Overview of serverless computing solutions and their associated Anthos components
- Install Cloud Run for Anthos
- Running serverless workloads on Anthos
- Anthos technology stack
- Anthos components
- Containers and GKE review
- Anthos for centrally managed clusters
- Creating and managing Anthos clusters
- Anthos clusters on AWS
- Anthos clusters on Azure
- Anthos fleets
- Fleet networking
- Multi-cluster Service
- Multi-cluster Gateway
- Challenges with configuration management
- Anthos Config Management
- Config Sync
- Hierarchy Controller
- Policy Controller
- Config Connector
- Introduction to Anthos Service Mesh
- Life of a request in the mesh
- Mesh telemetry and instrumentation
- Anthos Service Mesh dashboards
- Anthos Service Mesh pricing and support
- Networking and service discovery
- Anthos Service Mesh API resources
- Network resilience and testing
- Security across services
- Authentication and encryption
- Service authentication in the mesh
- End-user authentication in the mesh
- Authorization in the mesh
- Bonus: Employee authentication and authorization in the mesh
- Fleet networking
- Single network east-west routing
- Multiple network east-west routing
- North-south routing
- Use cases for clusters on-premises
- Anthos on bare metal specifics
- Components and services
Google Cloud Platform Fundamentals; Core Infrastructure
- Architecting with GKE
Who Should AttendTOP