In this course, you learn about Cloud Functions, Google's serverless, fully-managed functions as a service (FaaS) product. With Cloud Functions, you implement single-purpose functions that respond to HTTP requests and process events from your cloud infrastructure.
Recognize the benefits of and use cases for Cloud Functions in modern application development.
- Understand how to build, test, and deploy Cloud Functions.
- Secure and connect Cloud Functions to resources,
- and cloud databases.
- Use best practices with Cloud Functions.
Viewing outline for:
Introduction to Cloud Functions
- Calling and Connecting Cloud Functions
- Securing Cloud Functions
- Integrating with Cloud Databases
- Best Practices
Knowledge of Google Cloud console, gcloud CLI, and basic programming experience in Node.js or Python.
- Some understanding of other Google Cloud services that include Cloud Storage, and Pub/Sub.
- Understanding of HTTP, and experience with using HTTP client tools like curl.
- Completion of the Google Cloud Fundamentals: Core Infrastructure course is recommended.