Learn how to deploy and manage containerized applications on Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE). Learn how to use other tools on Google Cloud that interact with GKE deployments. This course features a combination of lectures, demos, and hands-on labs to help you explore and deploy solution elementsincluding infrastructure components like pods, containers, deployments, and servicesalong with networks and application services. You'll also learn how to deploy practical solutions, including security and access management, resource management, and resource monitoring.
Understand how software containers work.
- Use Secrets and ConfigMaps to isolate security credentials and configuration artifacts.
- Understand Google Cloud choices for managed storage services.
- Monitor applications running in Google Kubernetes Engine.
- Understand the architecture of Kubernetes.
- Understand the architecture of Google Cloud.
- Understand how pod networking works in Google
- Kubernetes Engine.
- Create and manage Kubernetes Engine clusters using the Google Cloud Console and gcloud/kubectl commands.
- Launch, roll back, and expose jobs in Kubernetes.
- Manage access control using Kubernetes RBAC and IAM.
- Manage pod security policies and network policies.
Viewing outline for:
Introduction to Google Cloud Platform
- Using Google Cloud Managed Storage Services from Kubernetes Applications
- Using CI/CD with Google Kubernetes Engine
- Containers and Kubernetes in Google Cloud
- Kubernetes Architecture
- Kubernetes Operations
- Deployment, Jobs, and Scaling
- GKE Networking
- Persistent Data and Storage
- Access Control and Security in Kubernetes and Kubernetes Engine
- Logging and Monitoring
Completed Google Cloud Fundamentals: Core Infrastructure or have equivalent experience
Cloud architects, administrators, and SysOps/DevOps personnel
- Individuals using Google Cloud to create new solutions or to integrate existing systems, application environments, and infrastructure with Google Cloud.