This course provides you with instruction on how to physically implement a logical database design in DB2. The course includes instruction on DB2 data management, DB2 catalog tables, the bind process, database utilities such as LOAD and REORG, and security considerations.
Note: This course material is at the DB2 11 for z/OS level.
What You'll LearnTOP
- Implement a DB2 database design
- Use database utilities to load and reorganize data
- Define and implement a DB2 database recovery strategy
- Control access to database using DB2 authorization facilities
Viewing outline for:
You should be able to:
- Design a relational table
- Describe the SQL data manipulation statements to access and change the contents of DB2 tables
You should also take DB2 Family Fundamentals (CE031G) and DB2 SQL Workshop (CE121G), or have equivalent experience.
Who Should AttendTOP
This intermediate course is for future DB2 for z/OS database administrators who need to acquire the basic skills required to administer a DB2 database.