Learn how to perform system administration in a Power Systems environment. Learn about the features of PowerVM Editions and how to configure and manage LPARs running AIX V7 or Linux using the Hardware Management Console (HMC).
What You'll LearnTOP
- Describe important concepts that are associated with managing POWER processor-based systems, such as logical partitioning, dynamic partitioning, virtual devices, virtual processors, virtual consoles, virtual local area network (VLAN), and shared processors
- Describe the features of the PowerVM editions
- Describe the functions provided by the HMC
- Configure and manage the HMC, including users and permissions, software, start and shutdown, remote access features, network configuration, security features, HMC backup and restore options, and the HMC reload procedure
- Describe the rules that are associated with allocating resources, including dedicated processors, processing units for Micro-Partitioning, memory, physical and virtual I/O for AIX and Linux partitions
- Configure and manage LPARs by using the HMC graphical user interface (GUI) and HMC commands
- Power on and power off the Power Systems server
- Use the HMC to back up and restore partition data
- Perform dynamic LPAR operations (DLPAR)
Viewing outline for:
This introductory course does not require any logical partitioning experience.
General TCP/IP knowledge is strongly recommended.
Who Should AttendTOP
This course is appropriate for system administrators, technical support individuals, and IBM business partners who implement LPARs on IBM Power Systems.