This course provides foundational level knowledge on security, compliance, and identity concepts and related cloud-based Microsoft solutions.
|05/12/23 - GVT - Virtual Classroom - Virtual Instructor-Led|
|06/02/23 - GVT - Virtual Classroom - Virtual Instructor-Led|
|07/20/23 - GVT - Virtual Classroom - Virtual Instructor-Led|
|07/21/23 - GVT - Virtual Classroom - Virtual Instructor-Led|
|07/28/23 - GVT - Virtual Classroom - Virtual Instructor-Led|
|08/10/23 - GVT - Virtual Classroom - Virtual Instructor-Led|
|08/11/23 - GVT - Virtual Classroom - Virtual Instructor-Led|
|09/22/23 - GVT - Virtual Classroom - Virtual Instructor-Led|
|10/05/23 - GVT - Virtual Classroom - Virtual Instructor-Led|
Module 1: Describe security and compliance concepts
- Describe the shared responsibility and the defense-in-depth security models.
- Describe the Zero-Trust model.
- Describe the concepts of encryption and hashing.
- Describe some basic compliance concepts.
Module 2: Describe identity concepts
- Understand the difference between authentication and authorization.
- Describe the concept of identity as a security perimeter.
- Describe identity-related services.
Module 3: Describe the services and identity types of Azure AD
- Describe what Azure AD does.
- Describe the types of identities Azure AD supports.
Module 4: Describe the authentication capabilities of Azure AD
- Describe the authentication methods of Azure AD.
- Describe multi-factor authentication in Azure AD
- Describe the password protection and management capabilities of Azure AD.
Module 5: Describe the access management capabilities of Azure AD
- Describe Conditional Access in Azure AD.
- Describe the benefits of Azure AD roles and role-based access control.
Module 6: Describe the identity protection and governance capabilities of Azure AD
- Describe the capabilities of identity governance in Azure.
- Describe Privileged Identity Management.
- Describe the capabilities of Azure Identity Protection.
Module 7: Describe basic security capabilities in Azure
- Learn how Azure security capabilities can protect the network
- Learn how Azure can protect your VMs
- Learn how encryption on Azure can protect your data
Module 8: Describe security management capabilities of Azure
- Describe cloud security posture management.
- Describe?the capabilities of Microsoft Defender for Cloud
- Understand the?Azure Security Benchmark and the security baselines in Azure.
Module 9: Describe security capabilities of Microsoft Sentinel
- Describe the security concepts for SIEM and SOAR.
- Describe how Microsoft Sentinel provides integrated threat management.
- Describe the pricing models of Microsoft Sentinel.
Module 10:Describe threat protection with Microsoft 365 Defender
- Describe the Microsoft 365 Defender service.
- Describe how Microsoft 365 Defender provides integrated protection against sophisticated attacks.
- Describe and explore Microsoft 365 Defender portal.
Module 11: Describe the Service Trust Portal and privacy at Microsoft
- Describe the offerings of the Service Trust Portal.
- Describe Microsoft's Privacy principles.
- Describe Microsoft Privacy.
Module 12: Describe the compliance management capabilities in Microsoft Purview
- Describe the Microsoft Purview compliance portal.
- Describe Compliance Manager.
- Describe the use and benefits of compliance score.
Module 13: Describe information protection and data lifecycle management in Microsoft Purview
- Describe data classification capabilities
- Describe records management
- Describe data loss prevention
Module 14: Describe insider risk capabilities in Microsoft Purview
- Describe insider risk management
- Describe communication compliance
- Describe information barriers
Module 15: Describe the eDiscovery and audit capabilities of Microsoft Purview
- Describe the eDiscovery capabilities of Microsoft Purview.
- Describe the auditing capabilities of Microsoft Purview.
Module 16: Describe resource governance capabilities in Azure
- Describe Azure Policy.
- Describe Azure Blueprints
- Describe Microsoft Purview
Before attending this course, students must have:
- General understanding of networking and cloud computing concepts.
- General IT knowledge or any general experience working in an IT environment.
- General understanding of Microsoft Azure and Microsoft 365.
Who Should AttendTOP
The audience for this course is looking to familiarize themselves with the fundamentals of security, compliance, and identity (SCI) across cloud-based and related Microsoft services. The content for this course aligns to the SC-900 exam objective domain. Candidates should be familiar with Microsoft Azure and Microsoft 365 and understand how Microsoft security, compliance, and identity solutions can span across these solution areas to provide a holistic and end-to-end solution.