This course has been designed to provide ServiceNow administrators, implementers, and architects with the basic skills required to effectively design, configure, populate, and maintain the health of the ServiceNow CMDB.
The course is based off the content of the CMDB Fundamentals eLearning currently available on NOW Learning. The course is designed to encourage student participation that will include individual and group planning and discussions plus hands on configuration led by an experienced ServiceNow CMDB facilitator.
|05/10/23 - GVT - Virtual Classroom - Virtual Instructor-Led|
|05/22/23 - GVT - Virtual Classroom - Virtual Instructor-Led|
|06/05/23 - GVT - Virtual Classroom - Virtual Instructor-Led|
|06/21/23 - GVT - Virtual Classroom - Virtual Instructor-Led|
During this three-day interactive training course, students need to register on NOW Learning for the Configuration Management Database Fundamentals eLearning course as this will act as the student online guide for the course.
Attendees will have access to the NOW platform using an individual student instance, which is a safe sandbox plus receive a Windows Server that acts as a MID Server with access to targets used to run Discovery and Service Mapping. In addition, students receive simulator instances to work through a series of tasks designed to reinforce CMDB Configuration and Health principals.
- 1.0 Introduction to the Configuration Management Database (CMDB)
- 2.0 Design a successful Configuration Management Database (CMDB)
- 3.0 Configure the CMDB
- 4.0 Configure the CMDB Simulator
- 5.0 Populate the CMDB
- 6.0 Maintain the health of the CMDB
- 7.0 CMDB Health Simulator
- 8.0 CMDB Delta and supporting content
- It is recommended students taking the course have working knowledge and experience of the NOW Platform including some basic understanding of the CMDB.
- It is also beneficial that students taking the course have an understanding of architecting solutions around a company CMDB to meet specific use cases required by the enterprise.
Who Should AttendTOP
The CMDB Fundamentals course is for customers, partners, and employees who implement and administer the ServiceNow CMDB. An attendee is a good fit for this course if they perform or advise on any of the following roles or job responsibilities:
- ServiceNow system administrators, implementers, and architects