This course covers topics not covered in the intermediate version. You will learn how to design DWDM networks using the Cisco Transport Planning (CTP) tool. You learn how the 40- and 80-channel mesh networks are designed, and you set up a six-node WXC-based 40- or 80-channel mesh network. You will also learn how the 40-channel SMR1 and/or SMR2 network is designed and set up a six-node 40-channel network. In the hands-on labs, you learn to configure: the Cisco Transport Controller, the 10 Gbps (G) data cards, the 1 gigabit/10 gigabit Ethernet enhanced crossponder, any rate muxponder and crossponder, 100G transponders and muxponders, 10G encryption, and T1 over Ethernet. There is also a review of G.709 encapsulation, G.7041 Generic Framing Protocol (GFP), forward error correction and coherent transmission. Additionally, you will learn how to add a node to the existing six-node ring and troubleshoot the configuration. The course combines lecture materials and hands-on labs throughout to make sure that you are able to successfully deploy a Cisco data over DWDM network.
This course is eligible for 32 Continuing Education Credits (ILT & ELT Modality).
- Technical professionals who need to know how to deploy data over the DWDM network.
- System engineers and implementation staff
- Network operations center personnel
- Technical support personnel who are involved with the deployment, operations, and maintenance of the Cisco ONS 15454 MSTP system
- Channel partners and resellers