A Microsoft Teams administrator plans, deploys, configures, and manages Microsoft Teams to focus on efficient and effective collaboration and communication in a Microsoft 365 environment. In this course, you will learn about various Teams management tools, security and compliance feature for Teams, network requirement for Teams deployment as well as different Teams settings and policies for managing collaboration and communication experience in Teams.
|12/11/23 - GVT - Virtual Classroom - Virtual Instructor-Led|
|12/18/23 - GVT - Virtual Classroom - Virtual Instructor-Led|
|01/22/24 - GVT - Virtual Classroom - Virtual Instructor-Led|
|01/29/24 - GVT - Virtual Classroom - Virtual Instructor-Led|
|02/20/24 - GVT - Virtual Classroom - Virtual Instructor-Led|
|02/26/24 - GVT - Virtual Classroom - Virtual Instructor-Led|
Module 1 : Explore Microsoft Teams
- Describe Microsoft Teams core workloads
- Describe how Microsoft 365 integrates with Teams
- Describe how Microsoft Power Platform integrates with Teams
- Explain the architecture of Microsoft Teams and dependent services
- Describe how Microsoft Teams interacts with SharePoint, One Drive and Exchange
- Describe Teams certified solutions
Module 2 : Plan and deploy Microsoft Teams
- Describe different Teams admin roles
- Explain which management tools are available for Teams
- Plan for Teams rollout
- Understand the importance of a user adoption plan when deploying Teams
- Identify required licensing for Teams
- Deploy Teams clients
Module 3 : Implement lifecycle management and governance for Microsoft Teams
- Describe the lifecycle management for Teams
- Plan governance features for Teams
- Configure Microsoft 365 Groups governance features
- Plan the Teams policy assignment for different scenarios
- Create and manage policy packages
- Control Teams preview features for users
- Create and manage team templates and templates policies
Module 4 : Monitor your Microsoft Teams environment
- Analyze usage patterns by monitoring Microsoft 365 and Teams usage reports
- Interpret Microsoft Adoption Score
- Manage user access by using Azure AD access reviews
- Assess network readiness by using Microsoft 365 network connectivity dashboard
- Manage Teams notifications and alerts to monitor Teams capabilities and receive alerts
- Manage feedback policies
Module 5 : Manage access for external users
- Explain external access and guest access.
- Describe how to manage external access and guest access.
- Manage external collaboration in Azure Active Directory.
- Manage external collaboration in Microsoft 365.
- Manage external access in Microsoft Teams.
- Manage guest access in Microsoft Teams.
- Manage file sharing in SharePoint
Module 6 : Implement security for Microsoft Teams
- Configure Conditional Access and multifactor authentication for Microsoft Teams.
- Configure Safe Attachments for Microsoft Teams.
- Configure Safe Links for Microsoft Teams.
- Examine the Defender for Cloud Apps.
- Describe security reports for Microsoft Teams.
- Plan and configure enhanced encryption policies.
Module 7 : Implement compliance for Microsoft Teams
- Describe how sensitivity labels work and how to configure them.
- Describe how to create retention policies.
- Generate Data Loss Prevention policies to protect against data leakage.
- Deploy communication compliance for reviewing communication.
- Activate the scoped directory search in Teams.
- Describe how information barrier policies work and how to create them.
- Create and manage eDiscovery cases and supervision policies.
- Create and manage compliance recording policies.
- Configure alert policies for events in Microsoft Teams.
Module 8 : Plan and configure network settings for Microsoft Teams
- Explain the network requirements of Microsoft Teams.
- Work with the Network Planner tool.
- Utilize the Network Test Companion.
- Describe the required network ports and protocols.
- Configure reporting labels for Microsoft Teams.
- Implement Quality of Service in your environment.
Module 9 : Create and manage teams
- Create new teams
- Create teams from existing resources
- Create an org-wide team
- Manage team settings
- Manage users in a team
- Configure dynamic membership for teams
- Archive, restore from archive, delete, and restore deleted teams
Module 10 : Manage collaboration experiences for chat and channels
- Manage the creation of private channels
- Control the email integration of teams
- Organize the file sharing functions from the Teams client
- Create and modify messaging policies
- Understand how to set up channel moderation in teams
Module 11 : Manage apps for Microsoft Teams
- Describe apps, bots, and connectors in Microsoft Teams
- Explore admin settings for Teams apps
- Manage app permission policies
- Configure app setup policies
- Manage custom app policies and settings
- Publish a custom app in Microsoft Teams
Module 12: Introduction to Teams meetings and calling
- Describe Teams meetings and events
- Describe Teams Phone
- Describe auto attendants and call queues
- Describe Microsoft Teams Rooms, Teams meeting room devices, and Teams phones
Module 13 : Manage meetings and events experiences
- Understand meetings and events in Microsoft Teams
- Set up conference bridges
- Manage meeting policies
- Configure meeting settings
- Manage Live events policies
- Configure Live events settings
- Explain Live events in Microsoft 365
Module 14 : Plan for Microsoft Teams Rooms and Surface Hub
- Understand the main differences of Microsoft Teams Room for Android and Microsoft Teams Rooms for Windows
- Explain which accessories, components and peripherals are mandatory
- Understand the advantage of Surface Hub
- Understand the difference between the licensing options
- Plan and review a physical room layout
Module 15 : Configure, deploy, and manage Teams devices
- Understand scenarios for using Teams phones, Teams displays, and Microsoft Teams Rooms with voice services.
- Differentiate between the different options for deployment and management of devices.
- Deploy Teams phones and Teams displays.
- Configure Teams Phone for Microsoft Teams Rooms.
- Manage Teams devices in the Teams admin center and Teams Rooms Pro Management Portal.
Module 16 : Plan for Teams Phone
- Plan for a basic Teams Phone deployment.
- Plan for advanced Teams Phone calling options.
- Plan for Teams phones and devices.
Module 17 : Configure and deploy Teams Phone
- Configure emergency calling addresses
- Manage Microsoft Calling Plan numbers
- Setup and manage Operator Connect and Teams Phone Mobile
- Understand Teams Phone policies and configuration options
- Configure Audio Conferencing and Communication Credits
Module 18 : Configure and manage voice users
- Enable users for Teams Phone using Calling Plans, and Teams Phone Mobile or Operator Connect if it's configured for your tenant.
- Enable users for Direct Routing.
- Manage per-user options for Teams Phone.
Module 19 : Configure auto attendants and call queues
- Describe the differences between auto attendants and call queues.
- Design an auto attendant to gather information from callers.
- Explain how to set up auto attendants to implement your plan.
- Demonstrate how to plan call queues to manage many callers.
- Describe how to configure call queues to alert agents and route calls.
- Explain how to plan licensing for auto attendants and call queues.
Module 20 : Troubleshoot audio, video, and client issues
- Describe key aspects of Teams troubleshooting
- Identify call quality issues with call analytics
- Identify call quality issues with Call Quality Dashboard
- Identify call quality issues with the Direct Routing Health Dashboard
- A proficient understanding of basic functional experience with Microsoft 365 services.
- A proficient understanding of general IT practices, including using PowerShell.
Students in this course are interested in Microsoft Teams or in passing the Microsoft Teams Administrator Associate certification exam. A Microsoft Teams administrator plans, deploys, configures, and manages Microsoft Teams to focus on efficient and effective collaboration and communication in a Microsoft 365 environment. A Microsoft Teams administrator must be able to plan, deploy, and manage teams, chat, apps, channels, meetings, audio/video conferencing, live events, calling, and Teams certified devices. A Microsoft Teams administrator has experience integrating Microsoft Teams with SharePoint, OneDrive, Exchange, Microsoft 365 Groups, and other Microsoft, third-party, and custom apps. A Microsoft Teams administrator understands and collaborates with other workloads and roles, such as Network, Voice, Identity, Access, Devices, Licensing, Security, Compliance, Information management, and User Adoption.