This course covers the financial aspects of Dynamics 365: configure and use essential financial components, accounts payable, accounts receivable, collections, budgeting, fixed assets, and additional functionality
One Microsoft exam voucher included with class.
|02/06/23 - GVT - Virtual Classroom - Virtual Instructor-Led|
|06/12/23 - GVT - Virtual Classroom - Virtual Instructor-Led|
Module 1: Configure chart of accounts in Dynamics 365 Finance
- Identify the required components for chart of accounts
- Define and configure the chart of accounts
- Define and configure the financial dimensions and dimension sets
- Configure chart of accounts, main accounts, categories, templates, ledger account alias and balance control
- Configure account structures and advanced rules
Module 2: Explore general ledger in Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance
- Describe charts of accounts, including main accounts and classification.
- Describe financial dimensions and dimension set concepts.
- Describe periodic financial processes.
Module 3: Configure ledger allocations and accruals in Dynamics 365 Finance
- Configure and use accruals.
- Configure and use allocations.
Module 4: Create fiscal calendars, years, and periods in Dynamics 365 Finance
- Differentiate between ledger and fiscal calendars.
- Configure and set up fiscal calendars, years, and periods.
- Create and use date intervals.
Module 5: Perform general ledger daily procedures in Dynamics 365 Finance
- General ledger processes.
- Balance control accounts.
- Journal controls.
- Voucher templates.
- Ledger settlements.
Module 6: Configure ledgers and journals in Dynamics 365 Finance
- Different types of journals and their setup.
- How to configure ledger and posting setup.
- How to configure and use journals.
- How to reverse journal posting.
- How to set up batch transfer rules.
Module 7: Intercompany accounting in Dynamics 365 Finance
- Set up intercompany accounting
- Use intercompany accounting to post journals between two different legal entities
Module 8: Configure currencies in Dynamics 365 Finance
- Different types of currencies in Finance.
- The concept of triangulation currency.
- How to set up legal entity currencies and conversions.
- How to configure exchange rate providers.
- How to import exchange rates from providers.
Module 9: Configure cash and bank management in Dynamics 365 Finance
- Create and configure banks.
- Create and configure bank layouts.
- Configure cash and bank management parameters.
- Set up vendor and customer banks.
- Configure cash flow forecasts and reports.
Module 10: Configure accounts receivable in Dynamics 365 Finance
- Configure Accounts receivable components.
- Create and maintain a customer.
- Configure customer payments.
- Set up payment calendars and calendar rules.
- Set up customer posting profiles.
- Configure accounts receivable charges.
Module 11: Configure electronic reporting in Dynamics 365 Finance
- Configure electronic reporting
- Use barcode data sources to generate bar code images
- Add a new electronic reporting provider and mark it as active
- Generate an electronic document in a specific format
- Create electronic reporting configurations
Module 12: Configure and perform periodic processes in Dynamics 365 Finance
- Configure financial period close.
- Reconcile banks.
- Perform periodic closing and year closing processes.
- Prepare periodic filings.
- Configure and work with vendor 1099 processes.
- Run foreign currency revaluation processes.
- Perform financial consolidation and elimination processes.
- Process end of year tax reporting.
Module 13: Configure taxes in Dynamics 365 Finance
- Learn about regional tax reporting capabilities.
- Configure tax components.
Module 14: Get started with cost accounting in Dynamics 365 Finance
- The Cost control workspace.
- Cost objects.
- How to create a cost accounting report by using the Cost accounting Get started wizard.
- How to set up cost accounting.
Module 15: Configure and work with inventory management in Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management
- Understand inbound and outbound inventory operations.
- Configure inventory parameters.
- Configure tracking number groups.
- Configure inventory breakdown.
- Configure inventory and warehouse journals.
- Configure inventory dimensions.
- Configure inventory costing.
- Understand inventory closing and adjustments.
- Archive inventory transactions.
- Use movement journals.
- Use inventory adjustment journals.
- Use transfer journals.
- Use counting and tag counting journals.
- Use item arrival journals.
- Work with reason codes for inventory counting.
Module 16: Work with the costing sheet in Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management
- Configure the costing sheet.
- Perform BOM calculation and analyze costs by using the costing sheet.
Module 17: Configure Accounts payable in Dynamics 365 Finance
- Configure accounts payable components.
- Create and maintain a vendor.
- Configure vendor payments.
- Set up vendor posting profiles.
- Configure accounts payable charges.
Module 18: Perform Accounts payable daily procedures in Dynamics 365 Finance
- Record invoices and process payments.
- Manage and apply prepayments.
Module 19: Work with accounting distributions, invoice validations and settlements in Dynamics 365 Finance
- Settle transactions and undo settlements.
- Distribute funds by using accounting distributions.
- Configure invoice validation policies.
Module 20: Configure and manage vendor collaboration in Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management
- Configure vendor collaborations.
- Work with the Vendor collaboration workspace.
- Maintain vendor certifications.
- Use vendor collaboration as part of a procure-to-pay process.
Module 21: Configure and manage the order to cash process in Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management
- Perform the order to cash process.
- Configure and use commissions.
- Configure customer and item search.
- Create and confirm sales quotations.
- Create and confirm sales orders.
- Print and post picking lists.
- Generate and post a sales order invoice.
- Configure order hold codes.
- Process customer returns.
- Work with sales order reservations.
Module 22: Perform accounts receivable daily procedures in Dynamics 365 Finance
- Create free text invoices and record customer payments.
- Distribute funds by using accounting distributions.
- Configure recurring invoices.
- Use reversals in Accounts receivable.
- Understand revenue recognition.
Module 23: Configure and process postdated checks in Dynamics 365 Finance
- Process postdated checks.
- Set up postdated checks.
- Register and post a postdated check for a customer.
- Settle a postdated check for a customer.
- Register and post a postdated check for a vendor.
- Settle a postdated check for a vendor.
Module 24: Configure credit and collections in Dynamics 365 Finance
- Configure credit and collections components.
- Configure aging reports, customer pools, collection agents, and aging period definitions.
- Set up and manage interests.
- Set up and manage collection letters.
Module 25: Process credit and collections in Dynamics 365 Finance
- How to use customer account statements.
- How to process collections.
- How to use the credit management feature.
Module 26: Get started with Expense management in Dynamics 365 Project Operations
- Learn about Expense management capabilities.
- Discover Expense management features.
- Review considerations for planning to use the Expense management module in Project Operations.
Module 27: Create and process expense reports in Dynamics 365 Project Operations
- Review expense report policies and per diem rules.
- Create and maintain an expense report.
- Learn about intercompany expenses.
- Learn how to post, approve, and delegate expense reports.
- Discover reporting options for expense management.
Module 28: Set up and configure Expense management in Dynamics 365 Project Operations
- Discover the Expense management workspace.
- Learn how to turn on the Expense reports re-imagined feature.
- Review the Expense management parameters.
- Learn about workflow functionality for expense management.
- Set up expense policies, and evaluate policies using the Audit workbench.
- Set up mileage expense options.
- Set up credit card transaction processing and import credit transactions.
Module 29: Work with travel requisitions in Dynamics 365 Project Operations
- Create a travel requisition.
- Review travel requisition options.
- Learn about the travel requisition approval process.
Module 30: Get started with work management in Dynamics 365 Project Operations
- Learn how to create and submit time entries.
- Discover the two types of expense deployment models.
- Learn how to capture, submit, recall, and delete expense entries.
Module 31: Configure fixed assets management in Dynamics 365 Finance
- Configure fixed assets components.
- Configure fixed assets parameters.
- Enable fixed assets integration with purchasing.
- Create fixed assets.
Module 32: Manage fixed assets in Dynamics 365 Finance
- Perform fixed asset acquisition
- Perform fixed asset depreciation
- Perform fixed asset disposal
Module 33: Configure and use basic budgeting and budget control in Dynamics 365 Finance
- Configure basic budgeting components.
- Configure budget control components.
- Use inquires and reports.
- Create and manage budget register entries.
Module 34: Configure and use budget planning in Dynamics 365 Finance
- Configure budget planning components
Module 35: Work with analytics and reporting in finance and operations apps
- Different types of reports and inquiries in finance and operations apps
- Financial reporting
- Configuring finance and operations apps for Microsoft Power Platform
- Generating and consuming inquiries and reports
Module 36: Get started with Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management
- Learn the benefits of Supply Chain Management.
- Get an overview of distribution and trade features in Supply Chain Management.
Module 37: Explore accounts payable and accounts receivable in Dynamics 365 Finance
- Describe core accounts payable components, including vendors, purchase orders, and vendor invoices.
- Describe vendor payments and settlements, including three-way matching concepts.
- Describe core accounts receivable components, including customers, customer invoices, and free text invoices.
- Describe credit and collection processes.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Basic accounting skills
- Core competencies in Dynamics 365 Core
A Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations Functional Consultant is responsible for performing discovery, capturing requirements, engaging subject matter experts and stakeholders, translating requirements, and configuring the solution and applications. The Functional Consultant implements a solution using out of the box capabilities, codeless extensibility, application and service integrations.