In this course, students will identify PC components, work with files and folders, and conduct basic software installations. This course will provide students with the fundamental skills and concepts required to maintain, support, and work efficiently with personal computers.
In addition, it covers the essential skills and information needed to set up, configure, maintain, troubleshoot, and perform preventative maintenance of the hardware and software components of a basic personal computer workstation and basic wireless devices. Students will also implement basic security measures and implement basic computer and user support practices.
The ITF+ certification is for individuals considering a career in IT. It is an ideal stepping stone to more advanced certifications such as CompTIA A+, and with specialized experience, CompTIA Network+ and CompTIA Security+. With this new version comes the addition of the + to further distinguish ourselves within the marketplace and represent CompTIA quality and standards.
The new ITF+ exam focuses on the knowledge and skills required to identify and explain the basics of computing, IT infrastructure, software development, and database use.
This course includes an exam voucher, study guide, and practice exams.
|02/06/23 - GVT - Virtual Classroom - Virtual Instructor-Led|
|06/05/23 - GVT - Virtual Classroom - Virtual Instructor-Led|
Module 1 / Using Computers
- Unit 1: Common Computing Devices
- Unit 2: Using a Workstation
- Unit 3: Using an OS
- Unit 4: Managing an OS
- Unit 5: Troubleshooting and Support
Module 2 / Using Apps and Databases
- Unit 1: Using Data Types and Units
- Unit 2: Using Apps
- Unit 3: Programming and App Development
- Unit 4: Using Databases
Module 3 / Using Computer Hardware
- Unit 1: System Components
- Unit 2: Using Device Interfaces
- Unit 3: Using Peripheral Devices
- Unit 4: Using Storage Devices
- Unit 5: Using File Systems
Module 4 / Using Networks
- Unit 1: Networking Concepts
- Unit 2: Connecting to a Network
- Unit 3: Secure Web Browsing
- Unit 4: Using Shared Storage
- Unit 5: Using Mobile Devices
Module 5 / Security Concepts
- Unit 1: Security Concerns
- Unit 2: Using Best Practices
- Unit 3: Using Access Controls
- Unit 4: Behavioral Security Concepts
IT novices who need a broad, fundamental understanding of IT and who want to learn the basics of computers, computer software, mobile devices, networking, LANs and WANs, data storage, and how IT infrastructures are monitored and managed.
Ideal candidates include:
- Entry-level and newly hired technical professionals, including PC support, help desk, and networking professionals
- Sales and marketing professionals looking to increase their ability to communicate with technical professionals and increase sales
- Executives who seek better-informed decision making
- Professionals seeking to prepare for the CompTIA IT Fundamentals+ Exam