You ll learn foundational knowledge on the considerations and benefits of adopting cloud services and the Software as a Service (SaaS) cloud model, with a specific focus on Microsoft 365 cloud service offerings. You will begin by learning about cloud fundamentals, including an overview of cloud computing. You will be introduced to Microsoft 365 and learn how Microsoft 365 solutions improve productivity, facilitate collaboration, and optimize communications. The course then analyzes how security, compliance, privacy, and trust are handled in Microsoft 365, and it concludes with a review of Microsoft 365 subscriptions, licenses, billing, and support.
One Microsoft exam voucher included with class.
|02/24/23 - GVT - Virtual Classroom - Virtual Instructor-Led|
|03/10/23 - GVT - Virtual Classroom - Virtual Instructor-Led|
|03/17/23 - GVT - Virtual Classroom - Virtual Instructor-Led|
|03/24/23 - GVT - Virtual Classroom - Virtual Instructor-Led|
|05/12/23 - GVT - Virtual Classroom - Virtual Instructor-Led|
|05/19/23 - GVT - Virtual Classroom - Virtual Instructor-Led|
|06/23/23 - GVT - Virtual Classroom - Virtual Instructor-Led|
Module 1 :Describe cloud computing
- Define cloud computing.
- Describe the shared responsibility model.
- Define cloud models, including public, private, and hybrid.
- Identify appropriate use cases for each cloud model.
- Describe the consumption-based model.
- Compare cloud pricing models.
Module 2 :Describe the benefits of using cloud services
- Describe the benefits of high availability and scalability in the cloud.
- Describe the benefits of reliability and predictability in the cloud.
- Describe the benefits of security and governance in the cloud.
- Describe the benefits of manageability in the cloud.
Module 3 :Describe cloud service types
- Describe Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS).
- Describe Platform as a Service (PaaS).
- Describe Software as a Service (SaaS).
- Identify appropriate use cases for each cloud service (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS).
Module 4 :What is Microsoft 365?
- Describe Office 365, Microsoft 365, and Windows 365
- Describe how Microsoft 365 empowers workers for hybrid and flexible work
- Create a Microsoft 365 trial organization
Module 5 :Describe productivity solutions of Microsoft 365
- Describe how the capabilities of Microsoft 365 can boost productivity
- Describe how Microsoft 365 Apps help people craft compelling content in real-time
- Describe how the capabilities of the work management tools optimize operations
- Describe additional Microsoft 365 productivity apps
Module 6 :Describe collaboration solutions of Microsoft 365
- Describe how the collaboration tools of Microsoft 365 promote synergy in the workplace
- Describe how Microsoft Teams helps boost teamwork
- Describe how Microsoft Viva helps organizations create thriving work cultures
- Describe how Yammer communities can help foster connections within your organization
Module 7 :Describe endpoint modernization, management concepts, and deployment options in Microsoft 365
- Describe the endpoint modern management capabilities of Microsoft 365
- Describe the differences between Windows 365 and Azure Virtual Desktop
- Describe the deployment and release models for Windows-as-a-Service
- Describe the deployment methods and update channels for Microsoft 365 Apps
Module 8 :Describe analytics capabilities of Microsoft 365
- Describe how Viva Insights help people and organizations work smarter and achieve balance
- Describe the capabilities of the Microsoft 365 admin center and user portal
- Describe the reports available in the Microsoft 365 admin center and other admin centers
Module 9 :Describe the services and identity types of Azure AD
- Describe what Azure AD does.
- Describe the types of identities Azure AD supports.
Module 10 :Describe the access management capabilities of Azure AD
- Describe Conditional Access in Azure AD.
- Describe the benefits of Azure AD roles and role-based access control.
Module 11 :Describe threat protection with Microsoft 365 Defender
- Describe the Microsoft 365 Defender service.
- Describe how Microsoft 365 Defender provides integrated protection against sophisticated attacks.
- Describe and explore Microsoft 365 Defender portal.
Module 12 :Describe security capabilities of Microsoft Sentinel
- Describe the security concepts for SIEM and SOAR.
- Describe how Microsoft Sentinel provides integrated threat management.
- Describe the pricing models of Microsoft Sentinel.
Module 13 :Describe the compliance management capabilities in Microsoft Purview
- Describe the Microsoft Purview compliance portal.
- Describe Compliance Manager.
- Describe the use and benefits of compliance score.
Module 14 :Describe the Service Trust Portal and privacy at Microsoft
- Describe the offerings of the Service Trust Portal.
- Describe Microsoft's Privacy principles.
- Describe Microsoft Privacy.
Module 15 :Describe Microsoft 365 pricing, licensing, and billing options
- Describe the pricing models available for Microsoft cloud services
- Describe billing management features such as billing frequency and methods of payment
- Describe the differences between base licensing and add-on licensing
Module 16 :Describe support offerings for Microsoft 365 services
- Describe the support offerings available for Microsoft 365 and how to create a support request
- Describe service level agreement (SLAs) concepts
- Identify how to track service health through the Microsoft 365 admin center
- Describe how organizations can provide feedback on Microsoft 365 products and services
Students do not need to have any experience with Microsoft 365 before taking this course; however, a basic level of familiarity with computer technology and cloud computing is assumed.
This course is designed for candidates looking to demonstrate foundational-level knowledge of cloud-based solutions to facilitate productivity and collaboration on-site, at home, or a combination of both. Candidates may have knowledge of cloud-based solutions or may be new to Microsoft 365.