Learn how to install Red Hat Satellite 6.
Red Hat Satellite 6 Administration (RH403) is a lab-based course that explores the concepts and methods necessary for successful large-scale management of Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems. Course participants will learn how to install Red Hat Satellite 6 on a server and populate it with software packages.
This course is based on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 8 and Red Hat Satellite 6.11.
|11/27/23 - RVT - Virtual-Instructor Led - Virtual-Instructor Led|
Red Hat Satellite 6 installation
Install Red Hat Satellite 6 on a server and populate it with Red Hat Enterprise Linux software content.
Manage users and hosts across organizations and locations
Effectively control user access for Red Hat Satellite administration.
Red Hat Satellite client registration
Register hosts to a Red Hat Satellite server, both interactively and automatically.
Manage software deployment through the software development life cycle
Control which packages hosts can install and which updates are propagated to hosts and evaluate host deviations from corporate standards.
Build RPM packages
Create RPM packages for deployment of programs and files on client systems.
Deploy custom software using Red Hat Satellite
Incorporate non-Red Hat software packages into a Red Hat Satellite framework.
Manage system configurations with Puppet
Create and populate a Puppet repository within a Red Hat Satellite framework.
Standardize system configurations with Red Hat Satellite 6
Configure hosts using Puppet.
Deploy hosts with Satellite server
Deploy and provision hosts using PXE.
Configuration of Satellite server for enterprise system deployment
Configure host provisioning for integration with software and configuration management and discover unprovisioned host and provision-discovered hosts.
NOTE: Course outline is subject to change as technology changes and as the nature of the underlying job evolves. For questions or confirmation on a specific objective or topic, please contact your Training Advisor or call 1-800-COURSES.
- Recommend having a Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) certification or equivalent experience
- Have Red Hat Satellite 5 experience.
- Install Red Hat Satellite 6.
- Red Hat Network organizations, locations, users and roles.
- Manage software with Red Hat Satellite environments and content views.
- Create custom RPM packages.
- Use Red Hat Satellite to configure hosts with Puppet.
- Provision hosts with integrated software and configuration management.
- Implement Metal-as-a-Service (MaaS) with Satellite discovery and provisioning of unprovisioned hosts.